Tuesday 5 January 2010

Elsa Schiaparelli's Trompe l'oeil Sweater

Photobucket

picture via Schoolhouse press

I've been coveting this Elsa Schiaparelli bow sweater ever since I got this book about vintage fashion for Christmas. I was thinking about maybe I could, or better someone else could, knit this sweater after the picture of it. Learning to knit was on my new years resolution list, but maybe a sweater would be too ambitious for someone who has never knit something before. For those of you who are however a bit more experienced, I found the knitting instructions for the sweater: Schoolhouse press has the instructions downloadable as pdf files on their site for free.

For those who can't knit, like myself, I found the sweetest replacements on Etsy:

Photobucket

Top left to right: decades, FrockStars, thebackwardglance, revivalfinds

I absolutely adore the one on the top right, which is also the most similar to Elsa Schiaparellis'.

1 comment:

Настя said...

Классный свитер!!!! У тебя классный блог, мне нравится!!!))))))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails